Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tahoma

Click on the picture to see me in my heinously out-of-style red ski pants - c.1985. This picture was taken in Tahoma, California at Homewood. They were fun times, but the snow was relentless and I had enough after two winters. Clearing 110 steps after five foot snow storms in Lake Tahoe was overwhelming at times.

But one day I had a skier follow these red pants down the Stagecoach run at heavenly (and thanked me for having bright red pants) when the mountain was fogged in and visibility was less than ten feet at an elevation band of about 8,000' down to 7,500.' And eventually these pants will come back in style. You just wait and see.

But back in the clouds of Bellingham in what was a day that I cannot really recall what happened. I think they might be labeled as uneventful. But I cannot complain. The buds of plants are beginning to fatten, and I was told that once February rolls around there are signs of Spring. I do not recall Spring this soon, but maybe I hadn't looked hard enough.

And I am really tired tonight, so I am going to sign off. Long day and I am fading.

No comments: