Sunday, January 6, 2008

Blue

This is certainly not Bellingham, but Heavenly Ski Resort in Lake Tahoe, a few minutes from where we used to live off Kingsbury Grade. I friend that I skied and mountain biked with sent this to me. Tahoe got a five foot dump over the past few days. And this is what is referred to as a 'bluebird' day - where the weather system blows through and the next day is blue and sunny. I've never seen such deep blues as the water, sky, and even snow of Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately, being a resort destination in the Sierras, it was usually overrun by tourists, and the older I get, the more I seek solitude. For this reason I hope to pursue camping this summer.

To the right is a more realistic view of the weather in The City of Subdued Excitement taken today looking towards town. It is from the York neighborhood, adjoining Sunnyland, a bit to the south and a bit more hilly. The sun was out for about ninety seconds around noon, then drizzle and clouds. Went to a friend's to visit, to the coffee shop to work, and then watched a movie on the (only) channel: The Verdict.

Wow, lots of links tonight. Sherman the house mouse is still about, but we seem to have different schedules and don't cross each others' paths too much. A good day for a Sunday and looking forward to a week of ever-increasing daylight.

No comments: