Sunday, January 20, 2008

Northerlies

Here is a picture from another time along Boulevard Park. Today was cold and the north wind blew, and the temperature lingered just above freezing. It was a day of some working and and some not.

I always seem to bring the northerlies home with me from Canada. So I had meetings yesterday and went to some cool random places in Vancouver. It was sad to see all the downed trees in Stanley Park, where I parked for a bit looking over the Fraser River (I believe) and dozed. Port Moody was also neat, and I stopped in a mall to compare the Canadian consumerism to that of the U.S. But I cannot recall the last time I was in U.S. shopping mall, so the endeavor was somewhat silly. Actually I think I just wanted to kill some time and look for an ATM machine for some Canadian money out of the rain. It would've been far better to stay downtown, but my meetings took me elsewhere to the east.

My concentration is elsewhere, as it is midnight and I need to get to bed after probably another hour or so of work.

No comments: