Friday, January 25, 2008

Radio

Today I finally had plenty of people over from work and was able to play this neat old radio that fortunately picks up a Canadian station (600AM) that plays songs like Moon River. A friend from back east gave it to me (well us at the time) as a Christmas gift. I still keep in touch with Wilbur as he occasionally sends me abusive e-mails. He a five-year (I believe) Mardi Grad veteran.

Speaking of Carnival, here is the parade schedule for New Orleans, my beloved and befallen city that care forgot:
Friday Jan 25
Oshun Uptown 6:00 pm
Atlas Metairie 7:30 pm
Cleopatra Westbank 6:30 pm
Excalibur Metairie 7:00 pm
Gladiators St. Bernard 7:00 pm
Pygmalion Uptown 6:45 pm

Saturday Jan 26
Choctaw West Bank 11:30 am
Adonis West Bank 12:00 N
Pontchartrain Uptown 1:00 pm
Shangri-La Uptown 2:00 pm
Sparta Uptown 6:00 pm
Pegasus Uptown 6:45 pm
Caesar Metairie 6:00 pm

Sunday Jan 27
Alla West Bank 11:30 am
Carrollton Uptown 12:00 N
King Arthur & Merlin Uptown 1:15 pm
Barkus French Quarter 2:00 pm
Nemesis Chalmette 2:00 pm
Rhea Metairie 2:00 pm
Centurions Metairie 5:30 pm

Check out the Krewe of Barkus above.

Mardi Gras is February fifth - a cold one, I would gamble.

For the first time in I-don't-know-when, I forewent the chocolate ice cream in favor of something else: Oregon Strawberry. I wonder where the berries are really grown?

No comments: