Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Leavenworth

This picture is looking towards West Philly up Market Street in front of 30th Street Station. I took it last month when I was visiting back east. This used to be my stomping grounds back in the early eighties. Now it is memories.

Today I am tired and the amount I spent yesterday typing wore me today. And tomorrow I am having guests over, so I need to cook and do some cleaning and turn some heat on. The on Friday another party and Saturday off to Leavenworth, a pretty town in the Cascades, versus the federal pen that I think of when I think if Leavenworth - back in Kansas.

So a day of great productivity could partially be due to one of those far out dead shows from 1973. And a killer set list, at that:
Big Railroad Blues, Jack Straw, Sugaree, Mexicali Blues, Here Comes Sunshine, Black Throated Wind, Cumberland Blues, Row Jimmy, The Race is On, Brown Eyed Women, Beat It On Down The Line, Tennessee Jed, El Paso, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Around & Around Truckin'-> The Other One-> Big River-> The Other One-> Eyes Of The World-> The Other One-> Wharf Rat, Me & My Uncle, Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> One More Saturday Night

Time to sleep. Tomorrow maybe the creative juices will be flowing. I need to make vegan jambalaya. I need to recall how to get the slime off the okra. I stayed in Thibodaux, Louisiana after Katrina in 2005 and a woman told me how to do it using tomatoes. I think I remember how to do it...

No comments: