Tuesday, December 11, 2007

South

This is another picture - not of Bellingham, but of the Atchafalaya Basin in the deep south of Louisiana, a state I dearly love. I canoed here back on a soul search back in 2001 and camped on an island. This was a wonderful sunset among the baldcypresses. I would love to spend exactly one year in this part of Louisiana. Or maybe east a bit more near Thibodaux. Or maybe a week.

Today was quite busy from a work standpoint, and it will go on for a bit past midnight. And I went to a coffee shop on the water (the third one today not including the bakery for a midday cookie) to proof a business plan and was more relaxed then I've been in a long, long time in spite of all the caffeine...very quiet with decent music (I even found some of the Christmas music palatable). But tomorrow is another day.

But leaving the coffee shop, it was a steady rain that returned welcomed, like the kisses of your dog on your face. Sun is nice, but the clouds and rain I find more comforting. Fortunately I took my rain gear, as I was debating whether or not to leave it at home. That would've made for a wet ride home, although fleece too repels water (to a degree).

No comments: